Tips to get you through the two-week wait (TWW)
Updated: May 19
Trying to conceive (TTC) can quickly take over your life. The two-week wait (TWW) is stressful. Be kind to yourself. The time between ovulation and your pending next period can feel like forever. Here are some tips to get you through the TWW:
• Make a list and plan activities to keep you busy during the TWW such as a girls night out, dinner out with your partner, movie night, cooking or art classes, home projects, manicure/pedicure, binge watch TV, yoga, acupuncture, catch up phone call with a friend etc.
• Set a date on your calendar for the day after your period is due, and wait to take the pregnancy test until that date. Testing too early can result in false negatives.
• Do your best to not obsess over "pregnancy signs". "Pregnancy signs" are similar to approaching menstruation, and some women do not have any signs at all when they're pregnant. Trying to identify symptoms may cause stress.
• Allow yourself some extra self-care if you get your period. Getting your period can be really disappointing and emotionally distressing. If you've had a miscarriage in the past, starting your period may remind you of previous losses on top of feeling like it's been another failed cycle.
• Get support that works for you. This could be from family/friends, or an online community. Or, you could find a therapist, or join a support group.